JE CANYON RANCH
49,955 +/- acres,$25,400,000
Living Quarters || Lay of the land || Sporting and Hunting || Ranch Operations
With over 46,700 deeded acres, the JE Canyon Ranch represents one of Colorado's largest private ranches and wildlife preserves on the market today.
Situated in southeastern Colorado’s canyon country, the property includes unique red rock canyons that rival those in southern Utah. Nine miles of the Purgatoire River run through the ranch, as well as other streams and riparian areas, creating a vast wilderness that form a mosaic of interconnected canyons and mesas.
It is a premier wildlife ranch with tags available for trophy mule deer and Big Horn Sheep, elk and numerous other animals. It is also a repository of fascinating geologic, archaeological and historic heritage sites including prehistoric rock art, and abandoned pioneer homesteads.
- 46,790 +/- acres of deeded ground in one contiguous block with no private inholdings and very limited public access
- Stunning scenery bordered on three sides by picturesque canyons, nine miles of the Purgatoire River and other drainages, creating a private wilderness retreat
- Trophy-quality mule deer and bighorn sheep with landowner tags through Ranching for Wildlife Program
- Ample over the counter elk tags, and hunting for turkey and antelope
- Modern homes with territorial inspired vernacular architecture, barns and corrals
- Well documented archaeological sites and biological diversity
- Traditionally operated with up to 500 mother cows, replacement heifers and bulls. There are multiple pastures, each with a water source, allowing for good year-round rotation.
- High quality conservation values
- Private grass airstrip and airplane hanger/shop
- Las Animas County 2012 property taxes were $11,075
CORWIN BROWN & Associates P.O. Box 87,
Springfield Colorado 719-523-4584
Offered in cooperation with Mirr Ranch Group